Home Information Packs become a compulsory part of selling a home from June 1st 2007
The government legislation comes into effect from June 1st. The legislation will make it illegal for anyone to put their house on the market without having a Home Information Pack, also know as a HIP first.
The government as an attempt to help speed up the home buying and selling process has introduced HIPs. The pack will contain all the necessary legal documents at the start of the process rather than the end.
So what does a HIP contain?
The required documents that must be included in each HIP are:
- An Energy Performance Certificate
- An Index (a list of the contents of the pack)
- Evidence of title
- A sale statement which summarises the terms of the sale
- Standard searches, which will include local authority enquires and drainage and water searches
- Where appropriate, commonhold information
- Where appropriate, leasehold information
- Where appropriate, a New Homes Warranty
- Where appropriate a report on a home that is not physically complete
- Then there is the Home Condition report which is on a voluntary basis
Longmores has joined forces with Law Society to provide a HIP pack that is second to none. We’re confident that the Law Society HIP is the right solution for you and your next sale:
- Guaranteed compliant with HIP legislation
- Online preparation which reduces delays and ensures that the pack is prepared as quickly as possible
- Seamlessly links into the Conveyancing process
- Competitively priced
- Can be delivered on time
If you would like to find out more information about the HIPs and how they may effect you then give us a call on 01992 300333 and we will be happy to discuss this with you.
For further information please contact:
Marketing Administrator – 01992 300333