Regrettably, all businesses become engaged in disputes from time to time.
Those disputes can take a myriad of forms and can impact on any aspect of the life of a business.
We specialise in High Court and County Court proceedings and will present or defend your position proactively, vigorously and commercially. We have conducted cases to the Court of Appeal and the House of Lords.
Our expertise in commercial disputes extends to disputes relating to:
- Commercial contracts e.g. trading disputes
- Theft of confidential/commercial information
- Directors and/or shareholders including minority shareholder rights
- Negligence including professional negligence of solicitors, accountants, architects and surveyors
- Product liability
- Industrial accidents, illness, stress at work
- Intellectual property disputes (patents, designs, copyright, trade marks, confidential information)
- Passing-off actions where a competitor seeks to take advantage of your goodwill and reputation
- Building and construction
We recognise that legal remedies do not exist in a vacuum but must be viewed and reviewed in the context of your business requirements, which we strive to fully understand.
Our aim is to achieve the most commercially advantageous and efficient outcome for your business whether by strong and resourceful negotiation or by powerful and proactive conduct of court proceedings on your behalf. We seek at all times to minimise the disruption to your business.
Additionally, we advise our clients on risk management in a bid to prevent disputes arising in the first place.
Whilst we are able to conduct litigation from start to finish with first rate in-house advocacy capability, sometimes cases require input from specialist barristers. In that regard, we have excellent, longstanding relations with top barristers in order to provide an effective "legal team" approach where necessary.
Please contact Richard Gvero or John Wiblin if you wish to discuss any aspect of our service or, indeed, require a preliminary, no obligation discussion about your case.