Longmores is able to provide specialist legal advice on all commercial property transactions including:
- Acquisition and disposal of freehold and leasehold business premises
- Property development agreements, building contracts and professional team warranties
- Joint ventures
- Option agreements, pre-emption agreements and conditional contracts
- Clawback agreements
- Business leases and lease renewals
- Rent reviews
- Landlord and tenant disputes including dilapidations claims
- Property management matters – licences to assign, underlet and for change of use, rent deposits and service charges
- Mortgages and charges
- Telecommunications leases, leases of pipes and equipment, wayleave agreements and easements
- Residential development schemes
- Sales and purchases of businesses as a going concern
Whether you are setting up a new business, an established business, looking to expand or a property investor or developer, Longmores’ aim is to understand your commercial needs and to provide you with an efficient, thorough and proactive service.
We are often instructed by companies or individuals who have previously used London firms or the larger regional firms of solicitors. They come to us because they want a quality service at a reasonable cost and because they want to know that the solicitor they instruct to do their work will be dealing with it personally.
We value our clients and the work which they give us. We do not view jobs in isolation but try and get to know our clients’ businesses and understand commercially what they are trying to achieve so that we can provide the appropriate legal framework for their commercial property objectives. We believe that it is important to keep in contact with our clients, not only by keeping them informed as to the progress of the transaction but also by keeping them updated with changes in the law through our seminars and meeting with them informally at events such as our business lunches.
Communication between a solicitor and his or her client is all important, not least in commercial property transactions where the deal, for example signing a new lease of office premises, can affect a lot of other issues like taking on new staff and signing a building contract for fitting out the premises. Longmores Commercial Property team will:
- Regularly keep you updated as to the progress of your transaction
- Respond to all telephone calls promptly. If the solicitor who is dealing with your matter cannot speak to you when you telephone they will always try and ring you back within 2 hours. If they cannot do so for some reason their secretary will let you know when they will be free. If the solicitor is not in the office that day and the matter is urgent another solicitor in the team will speak to you.
- Do all they can to move your transaction along as quickly as possible
- Report back to you in plain English. Gone are the days when solicitors can hide behind legal jargon!
- Provide you with an estimate of costs at the outset of a transaction and regularly update you as to the cost position