Every business is required by law to have proper disciplinary rules and procedures. These need to be used carefully, consistently and appropriately to any specific situation in order to avoid substantial statutory penalties and sanctions.
If you are considering potential redundancies, it is imperative that you follow the correct procedures, even before you reach a decision that redundancies are necessary.
If you are faced with a claim for unfair or wrongful dismissal, you need to consider not just the legal merits, but also the wider potential cost to you in terms of your time and adverse publicity.
If you reach a settlement with a former employee, you need to be sure that it is recorded in a binding agreement, covering all the relevant issues and complying with current statutory requirements to ensure that it is enforceable and prevents further claims.
We can help you by:-
- Drafting disciplinary rules and procedures tailored to fit to your business and to comply with statute
- Advising on the use of disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Advising on dismissal procedures generally
- Advising on appropriate redundancy procedures
- Advising on appropriate performance procedures and the issues arising
- Negotiating and drafting Compromise Agreements
- Advising and representing you in Employment Tribunals and Civil Courts
For further information or advice please contact Richard Gvero.