Longmores have a team of specialists specifically for the older client who offer a complete professional service and have the expertise and resources in all aspects of this field.
Moving into a care home can be very traumatic for all the family; there is so much information to take in ranging from funding of care fees to assessments.
We can: -
- Take you through the process of going into a care home – the funding, benefits and assessments
- Help you budget your money and arrange for all your bills to be paid
- Deal with your state benefits and apply for additional benefits if you are eligible
- Sort out your tax affairs including Income Tax
- Prepare your Will or Living Will
- Prepare your Enduring Power of Attorney
- Deal with the Local Authority on your behalf
- Apply for Receiverships, Statutory Wills, Gifts etc. through the Court of Protection
- Correspond with the Primary Care Trust on your behalf in relation to care issues including Continuing Care
The department is run by Nichole Giddings who is a member of the Alzheimer's Society, The Parkinson's Society and Solicitors for the Elderly and Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Age Concern Hertfordshire. Graham Field, a Partner with the firm, heads the department and specialises in Wills, Tax, Trusts and Probate.