Longmores have a team of specialists specifically for the older client who offer a complete professional service and have the expertise and resources in all aspects of this field.
Moving into a care home can be very traumatic for all the family; there is so much information to take in ranging from funding of care fees to assessments.
We can: -
- Take you through the process of going into a care home – the funding, benefits and assessments
- Help you budget your money and arrange for all your bills to be paid
- Deal with your state benefits and apply for additional benefits if you are eligible
- Sort out your tax affairs including Income Tax
- Prepare your Will or Living Will
- Prepare your Enduring Power of Attorney
- Deal with the Local Authority on your behalf
- Apply for Receiverships, Statutory Wills, Gifts etc. through the Court of Protection
- Correspond with the Primary Care Trust on your behalf in relation to care issues including Continuing Care
The Department is run by Nichole Giddings, who is a member of the Alzheimer's Society, The Parkinson's Society and Solicitors for the Elderly.
Nichole deals with all Elderly and Vunerable Client matters such as Lasting powers of attorney and applying for both Financial and Welfare Deputyship orders, Local Authority charging, Care Fees and Wills. Nichole has over fifteen years experience in the area of law.
Our charges will depend on the work carried out on your behalf and we will be pleased to advise you of any costs that are likely to be incurred.