Powers of attorney

General Powers of Attorney

If you wish to appoint someone to look after your financial affairs, you can make a General Power of Attorney. If, however, you lose the ability to give instructions to your Attorney on how to deal with your financial affairs, the document becomes invalid. The only documents that can continue to operate if you become mentally incapacitated are Enduring Powers of Attorney if already made or Lasting Powers of Attorney

Enduring Power of Attorney (EPA)

Existing EPAs created prior to 1st October 2007 will continue to operate for your lifetime. If, however, the Attorneys believe that you are losing or have lost mental capacity to look after your own financial affairs, your Attorneys have a duty to register the EPA with the Court.

  • Make an enquiry